Saturday, November 17, 2007

Owen's Morning Routine

When I get up in the morning, Owen is usually awake. Since I have to go to work, and everyone else is asleep, I have to do something to keep him occupied until Nikki and the kids get up.

Well, there is only one thing that keeps Owen sitting still for more than five seconds - Sesame Street, his bink, and being wrapped up in a cozy blanket.

When we walk into the living room, he points to the TV, then gets on the couch and raises his arms so I can cover him up with a blanket - which I then proceed to wrap around him completely so only his head pokes out. Then, on goes Sesame Street, in goes the bink, and I'm off to work.

Works every time...

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

biddles and scootch said...

That is so funny...BTW, love that new chair..looks vintage??

SHANNA said...

wow- i wish ollie would sit still for even a second, he always has to be moving and entertained and TV is out of the question. you are lucky!! and you get to sleep.

Precious said...

I know you don't know who we are, but my husband did a google search under "tait family blog" (because he can't remember the web address to our blog) and he started reading...needless to say he was shocked at the names he ran across. My husband Seth Tait, is married to me, Nikki, and we have two sons named Owen & Gavin. Seth also has a brother named Riley Tait. Weird, weird, I'm sure we're related somehow, there just aren't that many of us that spell our last name like we do. We just couldn't believe that there was a family in Washington State with our same names. By the way, we live in Utah. If you'd like to check out our blog visit us at http://www.staitfam.blogspot.com
So funny, too, I almost picked the web address to be taitfam.blogspot.com, but decided against it, and we've been blogging for over a year. Have a great day!

biddles and scootch said...

oh, and I want that chair! Where did you get it?? wanna sell it to me??

melanie said...

awww..owen is so dang cute!!!

Precious said...

We live in Sandy, but have family all over the state - let's correspond through email - mine is nikkers2000@yahoo.com